I officially love this woman and her broken English.
Screencapped from her site: Intimfitness.com
It’s late, I’m tired, and the events of the day are swirling around in my head. Though I plan on writing a more comprehensive post about my day at NYCC (New York Comic Con) — both for here and the lovely Geeks of Doom — I wanted to jot down a few things that you absolutely have to know right now:
1. “Watchmen” looks good.
2. No squid in “Watchmen,” though Dave Gibbons intimated a desire for calamari.
3. Director McG, aka the guy who says “fair enough” on the Christian Bale rant tape, is: a. f****** funny, b. a fanboy at heart if I’ve ever seen one, c. an overall nice guy, and d. slightly crazy but awesomely so.
4. Seth Green and assorted Robot Chicken panelists, including Breckin Meyer, are some of the nicest and most accommodating artists and creators ever. They’re also insanely hilarious.
5. Doc Hammer is one of the funniest guys I’ve met. (He’s also a talented painter, though I knew that before today.)
6. Jackson Publick grew a beard! When did this happen? Looks good though.
7. Michael Sinterniklaas, who voices Dean on The Venture Bros., is cute.
8. Whether it was cosplayers, panelists, or fellow attendees, most everybody at NYCC was incredibly nice.
And that is my slightly sleepy, ultra quick rundown of today’s events. More tomorrow.
Like any other self-respecting nerd/geek, I’ve often dreamt of becoming a superhero entrusted with saving the world from invaders and overall debauchery. While some of my peers still aspire to this, I have found that the onset of adulthood has introduced some complications — or what I call, common sense — into my interpretations of how good a scenario this would make.
For my seven severely silly but slightly sensible reasons not to be a superhero click into the rest of the post…